Make a Dent in the Beef Universe at Alltech REBELation
From the reputable Omaha Steaks and Kentucky Proud burgers to the acclaimed Argentinean sirloin and traditional Irish grass-fed brisket, beef industry members will be offered a full menu of global perspectives at Beef: Its Future at Alltech REBELation, May 17-20 in Lexington, Ky.
“As the economy of developing nations grows stronger, the global demand for beef products will escalate. The question is when those countries are ready to spend more money on protein, will we, as an industry, be able to deliver?” said Geoff Frank, Alltech North America sales director and chairperson of the beef symposium, part of Alltech REBELation. “During this year’s beef symposium, we will push the envelope for ranchers, feedyards and retailers alike to initialize conversation on topics that will truly impact the global beef industry and change the way we market red meat to consumers.”
Beef: Its Future will feature key industry leaders such as Dan Glickman, Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture; Former Congressman (D-KS); Senior Fellow at the Bipartisan Policy Center; Jerry O’Callaghan, Director of Investor Relations, JBS; and Bob Langert, Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability, McDonald’s, and will examine topics ranging from the global export market and recent spike in calf prices to risk management and the opportunity for branded beef programs. Beef symposium topics will include:
- China- From white to red: Traditionally a pork/duck market, the Far East is now opening up to Australian beef? Why not U.S. beef?
- Meat and Inorganic Minerals: The case for feeding minerals as nature intended.
- The Sustainable Beef Evolution: A transformative moment for the global beef industry and their stakeholders.
- Beef Prices and Financial Management: The growth of Internet cattle sales. Financial management at the farm level: How to make the right choices for your operation.
- Marketing Program Nutrition: Managing the transition animal from milk to feedlot for profitability. How does grass fed compare to Australian prime?
- Auditing your Farm: What’s your carbon footprint? Can we harness this wasted power to become energy independent?
- The JBS Story: A small Brazilian company with a plan to become the biggest and the best. The implementation, the success and the pitfalls of that plan.
This special symposium is part of Alltech REBELation, an event exploring innovation, inspiration and world-changing ideas in Lexington, Ky., USA, from May 17-20. Beef: Its Future begins on May 18. Pre-conference events include an opportunity to savor the best in brews from across the Bluegrass and around the world at the second annual Alltech Craft Brews and Food Fest on May 16, and tours of Kentucky’s horse farms, bourbon distilleries and other sites are offered on Sunday, May 17, along with an international welcome dinner for all conference attendees.
Registration for Alltech REBELation is open now for a discounted rate until March 7 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
For more information, or to request an invitation, contact a local Alltech representative, visit www.alltech.com/REBELation or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Join the conversation on Twitter with #REBELation.