Meet Kitty Block, New HSUS CEO

Kitty Block tapped as acting president and CEO of the nation’s top animal rights group after several weeks of uncertainty and controversy.
( Frank Loftus/The HSUS )

There’s a new face leading the nation’s top animal rights group after several weeks of uncertainty and controversy.

The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) promoted Kitty Block to acting president and CEO, after former president Wayne Pacelle resigned late Friday following an investigation of Pacelle for sexual misconduct.

Last year, Block was promoted to lead HSUS’ global affiliate, Humane Society International. She oversaw all international programs including HIS’s campaign to end the dog meat trade in parts of Asia and reforming policies of killing dogs and cats for their fur in the European Union and U.S.

Block was instrumental in ending horse slaughter for human consumption in the U.S. She is also a licensed attorney.

Block joined HSUS in 1992 as a lead investigator and has used policy and litigation avenues to protect whales and dolphins.

Block is well-connected in Washington and internationally and poised to lead HSUS into a new wave of advocacy. Under her leadership, HSI developed programs and opened offices in Africa, Canada, the European Union, India, Latin America, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Vietnam.

She received a law degree from The George Washington University in 1990 and a bachelor’s degree in communications and philosophy from the University of New Hampshire in 1986.

Restricted HTML

• Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
Submitted by Cfranklin on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 07:13

Wonderful, another lawyer shakedown artist leads an organization to line their pockets using the animal rights agenda to take a piece of every livestock and animal owner. What could be worse?

Submitted by MONICA DAVID on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 07:15

I am Monica David from Ontario Canada, i want to testify about the good service of Dr. Ugo Wonders living in USA for helping me bring back my fiancee who left me because of a prostitute. it was a terrible and depressing time when my fiancee whom we were supposed to be married in two months cancelled our wedding because of a prostitute who cast a spell on him and stole him away. i was searching for help online when i saw a review about Dr. Ugo of General Spell Temple, i then contacted him for help. I followed all his instruction accordingly as he assured and guaranteed me that my Fiancee will be back in 48 hours, to my greatest surprise in exactly two days after the spell was cast, my Fiance called me and started to apologize for leaving me because of another lady. i waited for two months in which we are now married before i could testify and right now, we are one happy family and its going to remain like this for ever.. all thanks to Dr. Ugo Wonders of General Spell Temple. you can contact Dr. Ugo for any relationship problem through his direct email : or call him directly on +1 386-336-9876

Submitted by Bob on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 08:30

Good to know Monica David. I see you post this spam repeatedly on Ag websites so I now put a SPELL on YOU. You and all your family will now suffer greatly for eternity. Remember you have only yourself to blame .

In reply to by MONICA DAVID (not verified)

Submitted by Caroline on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 07:34

Looks like another stinking globalist/NWO commie to me. I wonder if she realizes that there are 100 million armed dirt people out here tired of her shit?

Submitted by Bob on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 08:25

I agree Caroline. These people are trying to push their agenda into rural communities. In the next town over this woman who is involved in a similar organization moved in. She immediately started becoming a pest at every local meeting trying to shut down even small ag operations. She would lead protests supported by HSUS member holding signs like "not here, not now or Save our Community" pretending she had lived in the community all her life. It was a coordinated effort as other small towns had similar people move in in the general time frame and do the same thing with most being financed by HSUS or other such organizations. These people are trying to push their agenda to destroy US agriculture and our rural communities. Sad.

In reply to by Caroline (not verified)

Submitted by Ted on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 09:54

Here kitty kitty kitty.......

Submitted by Trent Loos on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 12:32

Why do you give her creditability like the new CEO of one of our commodity organizations. She emerges from culture of Sex for Hire. She herself was promoted thanks to sexually harassment charge of her superior in 1995. The culture of HSUS is not about ethical treatment of animal or human it is about cash at the expense of animal owners. Quit powder puffing it Drovers and live up to you heritage and name of trailing cattle for human benefit. Have Sex U Stay (HSUS)

Submitted by Al Smith on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 14:43

Agree Trent this is a press release word for word from the HSUS .. lazy journalism Drovers

In reply to by Trent Loos (not verified)

Submitted by Averagemaninthecountry on Fri, 02/09/2018 - 15:03

Trent, we need to know. Her resume suggests she may be worse than slick Wayne.

In reply to by Trent Loos (not verified)