7 Ground Rules For Productive Meetings
Ahead of your next family meeting, set rules all participants can agree to follow, recommends Johnne Syverson, a family business consultant with Transition Point Business Advisors. Here are some examples:
1. Only one family member talks at a time.
2. Everyone has an opportunity to speak.
3. What is said in the meeting remains in the room, unless the group decides to do otherwise.
4. No one blames or attacks others.
5. The discussions stay on topic.
6. Participants talk openly about what they think and how they feel.
7. The group seeks consensus, not a simple majority rule.