The University of California, Davis, and several other North American universities, earned high rankings in the new 2018 QS World University Rankings. The rankings, prepared by Quacquarelli Symonds, are widely cited as one of the most influential international university rankings.
The new rankings place UC-Davis as number one globally for veterinary science, and second in agriculture and forestry.
For agriculture and forestry, Wageningen University in the Netherlands retained its number-one global ranking. With UC-Davis second, Cornell University is close behind in the third spot. Other North American universities in the top 25 include:
- University of California, Berkeley (5)
- University of Wisconsin, Madison (7)
- Michigan State University (8)
- Purdue University (9)
- University of British Columbia (12)
- Iowa State University (13)
- University of Guelph (17)
- Texas A&M University (19)
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (21)
- Oregon State University (22)
- Penn State University (24)
For veterinary science, UC-Davis holds the top spot, followed by Cornell University at number two. Other North American universities in the top 25 global rankings include:
- University of Pennsylvania (6)
- University of Guelph (7)
- Texas A&M University (10)
- Michigan State University (11)
- Ohio State University (16)
- Colorado State University (18)
- University of Minnesota (22)
“I’m proud to see UC Davis recognized for our long-standing global leadership in these fields,” said UC Davis Chancellor Gary S. May. “We’re eager to continue building our research, teaching and public service contributions here in California and around the world.”
For all the rankings by subject matter, visit the QS Top Universities website.