Trump Touts Effect of His Call with China's Xi on U.S. Beef Exports

A customer checks the beef steaks at a Sam's Club store of Wal-Mart in Beijing, China June 29, 2017. ( REUTERS/Jason Lee )

U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday said he thinks a conversation he had with China’s President Xi Jinping has had an impact on U.S. beef exports to China, where American exporters are now selling “a lot” of beef.

The volume of U.S. beef exported to China is a small slice of the American beef export market, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data.

Beijing lifted a 14-year ban on U.S. beef imports about 10 months ago, but the country’s purchases are dwarfed by sales to Japan, Mexico and South Korea.

Sales of beef to China this year represent less than 1 percent of U.S. beef exports. About 1,100 tonnes of U.S. beef has been shipped to China this year through April 5 - while another 274 tonnes were sold but yet to ship, according to the latest USDA data. Overall, the U.S. has sold nearly 360,000 tonnes of beef for export this year, of which almost 211,000 tonnes have been shipped.

Trump, speaking at a White House meeting with legislators from top agriculture states, including Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, said his conversation with Xi “made a big impact.” Trump did not say when this conversation with Xi took place.

The lawmakers were advocating for the president to ease tariff-related strains on American farmers worried about rising tensions between the United States and China, a top agricultural export market.

“I think, Governor, that made a big impact. And they’re selling a lot of beef in China. That hadn’t been for 14, 15 years. They were not allowed to sell beef in China,” Trump said.

China proposed tariffs last week on U.S. beef, soybeans and other agricultural goods in the deepening trade dispute.

Some U.S. beef shipped to Hong Kong is later brought into mainland China. If beef sales to Hong Kong of 43,055 tonnes year-to-date were included, the combined sales would account for about 12 percent of the U.S. beef export market.

Last year, about 3,000 tonnes of U.S. beef valued at $31 million was shipped to China, making it the No. 18 market.

“When China lifted the ban, everyone got all whipped up,” said CHS Hedging analyst Steve Wagner. “But I don’t think demand is going to increase substantially. It will be incremental.”

Overall U.S. beef exports were up about 10 percent so far in 2018, USDA data showed.

“Exports have been good but they have not been good because of China,” Wagner said.

Comments

Restricted HTML

• Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
6 + 12 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.
Submitted by Shelia Wilton on Fri, 04/13/2018 - 00:57

Hello everyone, I was infected with the herpes virus and I got cured of the herpes virus few months ago after i contacted Dr Ero. I saw a post on the internet after i have seek healing for several years from different doctors in California. I sent the Doctor a request for help, just a few email i followed his instruction and he sent me the medication after i paid him. Now i am negative and i referred him to all my friend who had this same sickness and they have gotten their cure too. You can contact him via his email. dreroherbaltreatment@gmail.com . Thank You Dr Ero and text me for further information +1 (270) 693-5854..

Submitted by His Secret Obsession on Fri, 04/13/2018 - 12:39

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work His Secret Obsession

Submitted by Grace Maria on Fri, 04/13/2018 - 15:37

Hi there everyone, i want to give my testimony on how i get cured of herpes virus, i want to thank God for sending Doctor Idemujad that cured me of herpes virus, I have been with herpes virus for 13 years, i thank God that i am healed from this virus, I was 28 when I started seeing symptoms. I really don’t know where to begin… But I use to think that I will grow old with this virus in my body, because i have use so many different type of drugs, believing that i will get cured of this virus, but it was not cured, i do not know what else to do, i keep on believing in God that one day i will be cured of this deadly virus called herpes, i was Praying for healing over every part of my body. Praying that the blood of Jesus washes over me, and that the lord breaks the binds of any diseases, pains, and illnesses, I feel my life is completely taken away from me, but i still keep believing in God, i believe that God will send a helper to me that will direct me on how i will be cured of this disease called herpes, one day i think of going for research in google, i saw so many testimony on how Doctor Idemujad cured so many types of disease, in my faith i believe that he will also cure me if he cured others i will also be cured, so i took his contact and contacted him for help, To God be the glory he directed me and cured my herpes virus that i have sick for 13 years, i want to give God thanks for he to send me a helper that cured my herpes virus, also give thanks to Doctor Idemujad for curing me of herpes virus that i have sick for 13 years, so if you are sick of any kind of disease and you need cure, you can contact him on email: idemujadherpescurecenter@gmail.com or call his phone number +2349024338906 May the Lord that sent Doctor Idemujad to cure my disease will also cure your disease, thanks to you all God bless you.

Submitted by stella ben on Mon, 04/16/2018 - 10:46

God bless DR Trust for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2013 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr Trust, how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr Trust truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through: (Successspellcast@gmail.com) or you can also reach him on phone or whatsAPP:+2348102652355 you can also call him with the following number; +2348102652355
DOCTOR Dr Trust CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
HIV/AIDS
HERPES
CANCER
GET YOUR EX BACK
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM
ALS
FLU
HPV
NOROVIRUS
STD
HEPATITIS B
VAGINAL ODOR
Contact him today and get your problem solved....

Submitted by lizzy dixon on Mon, 04/16/2018 - 21:36

I want to testify of how i got cured from HERPES VIRUS. I have been living with this VIRUS for years, i have done all i can to cure this virus but all my efforts proved abortive until i met a old friend of mine who told me about DR DAN the great herbal Doctor who prepare herbal cure to heal all kind of diseases, though i never believed in herbal cures, i decided to give it a try when i contacted this great Dr bante, he helped me prepare the cure and send it to me which i make use of for just 3weeks and now behold the herpes is gone and i now have my life back, if you are out there living with this Virus or any kind of sickness just contact this great Herbal Doctor on his email bantespelltemple@gmail.com OR you can also reach him on +2347059073543

Submitted by Dexter on Tue, 04/17/2018 - 09:57

HELLO.....

I bought Doctor Aziza *NEW AGE HIV AND HERPES II CURE* which I watched in a video on the internet how he cured some patients. I was very sick, i tested positive 1 to Hiv, and Herpes type 2, I was diagnosed back in 2013. I retested again in 2016 and was still positive, i could barley breath and hated my life everyday. The Antiretroviral drugs just cause more issues, but i got healed after contacting drazizahealthcare@gmail.com and used his herbal medicine method. What he talks about may not make sense to you now but later if you try nature you will see... I followed Dr Aziza instructions on how i used the herbal medicine immediately after i received the herbs through a courier services. He advised me to run a medical test after using the herbs for two(2) weeks, to my greatest surprise i tested negative! to confirm and clear the air i tested negative to HIV and HERPES VIRUS for the second time this past Thursday I got my test results again. Trust me i almost throw a party at my doctors office. They just tell me to keep getting tested. I certainly will do that to keep proving them wrong that herbal medicine is the answer. I spent a lot more on drugs than the cost of this herbs medicine. It worked for me so I really cannot see why anyone else even would take drugs after seeing this great works of Dr Aziza.... Get your cure and advise through his website http://drazizahealthcare.wordpress.com because he is also specialize in curing so many other diseases and infections.

Submitted by kate marcelo on Fri, 06/01/2018 - 17:23

God bless Dr Ogbole for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of herpes since 2013 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the virus. out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for Herpes virus i saw a comment about Dr Ogbole, how he cured herpes virus with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 8 days later i was cured from herpes virus,thank you Dr Ogbole for your good work in my life.
Dr OGBOLE ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SIR.
You can email him on his email on
drogbolesolutiontemple@gmail.com OR you can as well call or whatsapp him on +2349066098121.

1. Cancer cure
2. Diabetes cure
3. Herpes cure
4. Warts cure
5. Tooth problem
6. HIV cure
7. Get your ex back
8. Pregnancy herbal medicine
9. Hepatitis B.

Submitted by CURE FOR HERPES on Tue, 06/12/2018 - 05:12

Am so happy today because I am free from herpes simplex virus-2 infection. I have been having herpes since the past two years now, and I have passed through many different processes in getting cured from the diseases of HSV2 but nothing was working out. A friend introduced me to a doctor (Dr Airhia) who sent me herpes herbal remedy and my life get transformed and everything is fine and okay with me. Till now I have been going to check up and it is now going to four months and I am still negative...Thanks to Dr Airhia ,I will never stop telling the world about your good work..Contact details dr.airhiahomeofsolution@gmail.com or his site: http://airhia.blogspot.com.ng/.

Submitted by john mercy on Sun, 06/24/2018 - 12:30

MY HERPES DISEASE WAS CURED BY PROPHET SAKURA, WITH HIS HERBAL HEALING
SPELL (Dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com ).(+2348110114739
DR sakura is the only Dr who could ever
get my HERPES cured with his healing spell, I have tried almost
everything but I couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all
these happening to me, I always spend a lot to buy drugs from
hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one
day I was just browsing on the internet when I come across a great
post of! osas ruth! who truly said that she was been diagnose with herpes
and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful
healing spell doctor, sometime I really wonder why people called him
Papa sakura, I never knew it was all because of the great and perfect
work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so I quickly
contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing I
will never forget that anyone who contacted him is! always getting his
or her healing in just 8 hours after doing all he ask me , so I was
amazed all the time I heard that from him, so I did all things only to
see that at the very day which he said I will be healed, all the
strength that has left me before rush back and I becomes very strong
and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so I
went to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor
said I am am alright now , I am very amazed and happy about the healing
Dr sakura gave to me and this my mail if you need more information
mercybabe555@gmail.com and he also cure all manner of diseases

Submitted by Grace Maria on Wed, 06/27/2018 - 20:51

Submitted by jun zina on Wed, 07/18/2018 - 02:36

I was told last year I have herpes 2. My symptoms came fast and furious. Itching and burning beyond belief. The pain is unbearable. Urinating caused me to scream. I couldn't sleep at night because of the pain. I often had to have cold compresses between my legs to get relief. I made an appointment with my doctor and she knew right away by looking,she directed me to Total cure herbal foundation (https://totalcureherbalfou5.wixsite.com/herbal/contact Totalcureherbalfoundation@gmail.com )online to purchase the a herbal formula from them because this herbal formula has been the only way to get rid of this virus totally,without wasting anytime i contacted them and purchased,i had to use the herbal remedies as instructed which actually helped me get rid of this virus totally with serious side effect.
i'm glad

Submitted by Arianna on Wed, 07/18/2018 - 23:57

Well this is quite informative and interesting topic to get awareness. So after getting free from my roadside america bus tour from new york I will read this with full devotion as well as will discuss thsi with my mates too.