The nearly 10,000-acre Southern Cattle Lands ranch in the Florida panhandle is for sale via sealed bids. Considered one of the premier cattle ranches in the South, the property is being offered in 15 tracts ranging from 168 acres up to 1,417+ acres or in its entirety. The ranch had previously been listed for $55 million.
Located near Marianna, FL, the property consists of 9,842+/- acres and includes 41 wells, eight center pivots, top farmland soils, a spring-fed 130+/- acre lake, many miles of springs & creeks, and thousands of acres of pasture. It offers an array of improvements, including eight houses, numerous barns & pens, a 75,000 sq. ft. sale barn with auction auditorium, an embryological transfer facility, and a boat house. In 2016, a version of the property including cattle and 14,000 acres hit the market for $55 million and was profiled by The Wall Street Journal.
Bids may be submitted by October 24, 2019 at 2:00 ET to the law firm of Davis, Schnitker, Reeves, and Browning. Traditional offers may be submitted prior to the auction date. For more information, visit https://jonkohler.com/property/florida/southern-cattle-company/ or call Jon Kohler at 850-508-2999.
"There has not been a time in recent memory when a buyer has been able to pick and choose from this much high-quality agricultural land in Florida," said Kohler. "An auction opportunity like this in Florida is very rare, if not unprecedented."
- 9,842.64 +/- total acres
- 6,522 +/- acres in federally designated Opportunity Zone
- Eight center pivots totaling 914+/- acres currently irrigated
- Plans/schematics for an additional 2,590+/- acres of center pivots
- Generous duration water-use permitting already negotiated or currently in-house to be approved by NWFWMD (Three separate permits)
- Waddell's Spring with magnitude 2 and bottled alkaline water quality, permits being secured, three observation wells already drilled
- Spring-fed 130+/- acre lake "Waddell's Mill Pond"
- 41 wells; 15 additional permitted irrigation wells not yet constructed, three new wells are proposed and pending at the NWFWMD.
- 2.6 +/- miles on Russ Mill Creek, 1.4 +/- miles on Spring Branch, 1.9 +/- miles on Waddell's Mill Creek, and 1 +/- mile on Muddy Creek
Structures and Other Improvements:
- 75,000 sq.ft. sale barn with auction auditorium, corporate offices, and entertainment facilities
- Show barn
- Eight houses for employees and/or rental income
- Donor barn/embryological transfer facility
- Three hay barns, numerous equipment barns and sheds
- Boathouse on Waddell Mill Pond
- More than 150 miles of fence
- Five working set-ups/working pens