Social Media Explodes with #CowAppreciationDay Posts

Instagram, Twitter and Facebook were full of posts about #CowAppreciationDay on July 10.

The hashtag and day was created to by fast food chain Chick-fil-A as a way to promote the restaurant’s mascot cows who encourage people to eat more chicken. Patrons of the restaurant were offered free chicken if they showed up dressed as a cow.

Despite the day being used to promote chicken it didn’t stop dairy farmers, cattle ranchers, agriculture organizations and politicians from promoting their appreciation of cows. Here are some of the posts we found related to #CowAppreciationDay on social media not involving Chick-fil-A:

A post shared by San Pedro Ranch (@sanpedroranch) on

We love cows. You love cows. It's Cow Appreciation Day. If you haven't already, sliiiiiide over to our Instagram and Twitter to show us your best #CowAppreciationDay posts! 🐮

Posted by Beef Cattle Institute at Kansas State University on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A post shared by PA Country Crafts (@pacountrycrafts) on

Happy #CowAppreciationDay! May you always have cows around!

Posted by Sierra Ferguson KIEM on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A post shared by Courtney Jean Babcock (@c_babs) on

#cowappreciationday was taken to a whole new level today! LOVE MY JOB.

Posted by Kelly Johnson on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A post shared by Robin Alden (@robinkalden) on

Ya’ll. It’s #cowappreciationday. You know I couldn’t skip it.

Posted by KSBW Brittany Nielsen on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

It's #CowAppreciationDay! Comment and share with us your favorite picture of your herd.

Posted by Alabama Beef Systems Extension on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

🐄 G I V E A W A Y 🐄 There's no better way to celebrate #CowAppreciationDay than having cows around! Let's see your...

Posted by Cattle Tales on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A post shared by Dean Sentes (@deansentes) on

🐄 Pennsylvania cows don’t just give us products we love, they also generate over $600,000,000 in economic impact annually! That’s something we can all appreciate. #CowAppreciationDay

Posted by Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A post shared by Maghen Zagryn (@zmaghen1) on

Today is #CowAppreciationDay! Complete with orchestra.

Posted by Strange Company on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A post shared by Wabash River Valley Farms (@wrvfarms) on

Happy #CowAppreciationDay We’re sending our appreciation back to the Webster family, who had the greatest respect for...

Posted by Arethusa Farm on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Happy #CowAppreciationDay to all of my bovine special friends. #Jersey

Posted by Shawna Berry on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A post shared by NC State CALS (@ncstatecals) on

Around here, every day is #cowappreciationday!

Posted by Harms Plainview Ranch on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A post shared by 🔺Kelsey Woodrum 🔺 (@kelc_02) on

Today is #CowAppreciationDay. Did you know that Kansas ranks #2 in commercial cattle production nationwide? That’s a lot of cows!

Posted by Dr. Jeff Colyer on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A post shared by Lakaya Lyon (@lakayalyon) on

OMG!! It’s #COWAPPRECIATIONDAY!!! HOW IS THIS NOT A NATIONAL HOLIDAY?!?!? 😜🤣 Is it a coincidence that it falls on a #tongueouttuesday?!? I think not! I hope that having followed me for a while now, I don’t even need to explain how much I appreciate my cows. But I’ll try. I complain too much about the long hours, hard work, and little pay. I often say things like ‘I could do (or be) so much if I didn’t have cows’. But the truth is, I have all that I have and I am everything I am BECAUSE of my cows. No matter what is going on in my life, even if I’m feeling depressed and lost and awful (even if I’m feeling that way BECAUSE of my cows), they always find a way to make me smile. Every. Single. Day. I’m not sure I could possibly appreciate them more. I could post 1,000 photos and videos, but I’m just going to post one. Last week, it was SO hot, that Doc couldn’t even be bothered to roll her tongue out of her mouth for every lick. 😜🤪😝🤣 Jerseys.....God I love ‘em. If you want to hear more reasons I appreciate cows, follow my Snapchat (jrp280) and instagram (seejessfarm) accounts all day! 😉 I will either be spending my day mowing or loading hay — things are gonna get crazy. 🤪😂 #appreciateacowtoday #appreciatefarmer ^ #orEVERYDAY #seejessfarm

Posted by Spruce Row Farm on Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Happy #CowAppreciationDay to our favorite Longhorn, BEVO XV!

Posted by Fox Sports Southwest on Tuesday, July 10, 2018