The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, the Center for Food Security and Public Health and Iowa State University are hosting a free workshop to help livestock producers know what to expect and how to prepare for a foreign animal disease outbreak.
When: June 25, 2019
Time: 8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Audience: Cattle, pig, sheep and goat producers, Extension personnel, and veterinarians
Where: Hotel Ottumwa (107 2nd St East, Ottumwa, Iowa 52501)
- What to expect if Foot and Mouth Disease or African swine fever is found in the U.S.
- How long animal movements could stop
- The requirements to move animals once movements restart
- How to protect animals from diseases
- Daily health monitoring strategies during an outbreak
Registration: Available online here.
For more information, email [email protected] or call (515) 281-5305.